As the global economy keeps growing, so are companies around the world; African companies included. In the recent past we have witnessed African companies rising to the occasion in competing with their counterparts from advanced economies.
Some companies have seen their value grow steadily, thereby ranking as the most valued in Africa. Market capitalization is the market value of a publicly traded company’s outstanding shares, which is equal to the share price multiplied by the number of shares outstanding.
Here are the top 10 most valuable companies in Africa.
Company Country Market cap
1. Prosus South Africa $119.14 billion
2. Naspers South Africa $62.26 billion
3. Financière Richemont South Africa $28.00 billion
4. Anglo American South Africa $22.62 billion
5. Anglo American Platinum South Africa $13.05 billion
6. Firstrand South Africa $12.55 billion
7. Vodacom Group South Africa $12.48 billion
8. Maroc Telecom Morocco $11.08 billion
9. Standard Bank Group South Africa $10.12 billion
10. Safaricom Kenya $9.97 billion
SOURCE: VICTOR MOCHERE BLOG